The story of Lazarus initially appears sad, hopeless, and like a lost opportunity for Jesus. But, it is extraordinary if one is willing to read until the end. I want to encourage you today that there is always hope because Jesus is on your side and for you. The story of Lazarus is a wonderful reminder of God’s love, His timing, and miraculous power. It can build our faith, trust and change our human perspective to a God perspective.
Through my own challenging time, I am again reminded by the Holy Spirit as I read the story of Lazarus in John 11, to:
1. Keep on believing and trusting in God that He knows best and that He will take care of us.
2. God’s ways are higher than our ways. Even though I do not understand, I can trust that things will work out better than I can ever expect them to.
3. God listens to our cries for help. His response may be “Not yet” because His timing and way are different but perfect. Let’s not grow weary of praying and seeking God’s presence. Keep asking, keep knocking, keep seeking.
4. God will never stop working on our behalf. He will finish what He has started.
5. A pause in your life does not mean the end. There is an appointed time for everything. God will do all He has planned to do. Remember that nothing can stop the plan God has for your life. Nothing can stop what God has ordained.
6. He promises life, freedom, reward, purpose, and fulfillment. You might be experiencing circumstances that are contrary to that but keep on believing. God does not lie. Keep standing on the promises of His Word and declare it over your situation. When we look to God and His truth, we can experience all of God’s promises despite our circumstances.
7. God increases our belief and faith through trials and difficulties. When we hear other’s testimonies of God’s faithfulness, it builds our faith. Still, those big muscles of faith can only develop when we experience God’s faithfulness for ourselves. Jesus wanted the disciples to witness Lazarus’ resurrection to increase their faith in Jesus, as well as their faith in their God-given authority to perform miracles in Jesus’ name.
8. The miraculous and supernatural are still relevant today. We are fighting a spiritual battle and have the power, victory, and authority in Christ to overcome.
9. When you are a child of God, things are never hopeless. God will make a way and provide all you need. He does the miraculous. Trust Him for a supernatural intervention to change your natural circumstances.
10. When you are a child of God, things are never completely lost or too big to change. Lazarus was dead for four days. To the human eye, it appeared impossible, lost, unchangeable, and done. God had better plans and performed a miracle. God had a kingdom agenda. Jesus’ received the glory for raising Lazarus to life. The bigger message was that death is not the end when we believe in Christ. We have eternal life waiting for us!
11. Look to God and not your circumstances. He is the Creator and Ruler of the universe. He is good, faithful, just, and almighty. He is your comforter, provider, healer, and closest friend. Nothing will, and shall ever be impossible for God.
12. When we go through the fire or deep waters, He remains with us.
13. Even when things do not make sense to our human minds, we need to remember that God remains good. Have faith in Him even when your eyes do not yet see. Remind yourself of Who God is, believe it, and speak it.
14. Jesus has compassion on us. In all circumstances, he truly understands and feels with and for us. No one understands what you are going through and feeling better than He does. He hates what the enemy does.
15. God will always receive the glory.
16. Keep on believing. A follower of Christ is someone who believes and trusts in Christ. It is also someone who walks the same path as Christ. We can trust Christ to lead us to more of Him and that His glory will be revealed within our circumstances.
17. Remain thankful to God for all you have and that He remains in control.
18. Waiting on God and trusting in His way and timing grows patience, perseverance, and our faith.
We do not always know the purpose of difficulties and trials when we are in the middle of the storm. But, just as there were a bigger purpose and plan for Lazarus and his family, God has a good plan for your life.
He promises to direct our steps. He promises that all things will work together for good for those who love Him. He promises something better than what we could ever ask for. We might have expectations of how God will help us. But it will be far greater and even miraculous in the way God intends to resolve it.
Remember that even though you cannot see the outcome now, God is in control and have a better and bigger purpose in the end. Through our hardships and struggles, His glory will shine through. Do not lose heart in trusting and waiting on God. Believe in Him. He is never too late.
Stay resolute my friend.
VERSE IMAGE OF THE WEEK